Doig

I'm looking at getting a pair of HS6 SU's with the longer manifold for my 75 2500TC which is currently running SU's on the shorter manifold.

Is this just a straight swap? I know the later cars have the engine on a slight angle to accomodate the carbs. Is this to fit both SU setups or is it only present on the 'S' spec models.

What should I expect in terms of performance and economy if I go ahead with the swap?

Pretty much a straight swop... you will need to rearrange your spacer blocks underneath the engine mounts... both to the RHS looking forwards..

You may need to redrill the crossmember or easier get a 2500S crossmember and fit the anti roll bar too...

Throttle cable and hoses may be a bit different

Expect a modest but noticeable power increase.. the 2500TC with the HS4's runs a late PI cam 18/58 58/18 with 0.240" lift...  the 2500S uses a 10/50 50/10 with 0.210" lift so expect more than the 106bhp of an S... maybe 115 if the cam is in good nick... they tend to wear if the tappets are loose.

Use BDB needles (standard on a 2500S)

Thanks for the advice Andy

You've made me even more tempted to give this a go now.

I'll have a closer look at the car later but I've always thought that the engine was on  as light lean. So I might be alright. Even so could be a good op to fit the anti roll bar thatI've been thinking about getting ( I think I might have an addiction problem here)

If fitting an antiroll bar, use reinforced tie rods - standard ones are prone to breaking due to the bending moment applied by the antiroll bar.  Chris Witor supplies reinforced tie rods.  I think you need longer bolts to attach them to the track control arm too.  Again, CW can supply.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

[quote by=andythompson link=Blah.pl?b=2000,m=1145875758,s=1 date=1145885648]You may need to redrill the crossmember or easier get a 2500S crossmember and fit the anti roll bar too...
[/quote]

I'm looking at getting a power steer setup from a 2500S. It advertised as having
"Power steer rack, cross member, pump, twin pulley with fan, belt, steering shaft & all brackets"

Is this crossmember the same as the engine crossmember?

Archived