Has anyone made a crashpad from scratch (MK1 GT6)?

jasongelly

Hello,

I have a 1968 MK1 GT6 and unfortunately the original crashpad was in very poor condition when I got the car and pretty much disintegrated as it was removed along time ago, and the original has been lost and therefore I'm unable to use it as a pattern as I haven't got it anymore.

My question is has anyone made a crashpad (dashtop) for a GT6 Mk1 from scratch?

Any help appreciated..

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason.

I was in a similar situation with my Mk3 Spitfire, which I think is the same as for your GT6. I eventually managed to get one off eBay that can just about do as a template. I might not be able to do it imminently but could try sort a template off it, of if you're local (I'm in Staffordshire) you could drop by and give it a look?

Matthew

23 minutes ago, Matthew said:

I was in a similar situation with my Mk3 Spitfire, which I think is the same as for your GT6.

I think they may be different in front profile. The Mk3 Spitfire has a bit that juts out in the middle, to give some extra shade to the dash panel. That wouldn't make sense on a GT6 so I'd expect the GT6 one to be more like the MkIV Spitfire front profile.

Thank you for the replies, and the offer of making a template. 

It might be useful to have a template as I don’t have anything to go on presently and thanks Rob I understand there is a difference in the profile I’ve noticed that on photos I’ve studied. 

Matthew I’ll message you about the offer of making a template from your Spitfire MK3 part.

Thanks again for the replies.

• Like 1