Herald door P shape rubbers

Neilriser

Hi all,i am just nearing the end of months of work rebuilding body,new boot floor,wings arches rear floor,B posts bottems,door skins etc,when the doors are pushed closed the doors line perfect with the b post seam and sit about 10mm inside the rear wing level,however when door rubbers are fitted the door sticks out about 20mm and no matter how hard you try to compress the door rubber it will not compress anymore? ive checked all seams and b posts positions and all is good,the door rubber [new] seams just to thick? has any one had this issue or installed a thinner different profile? Many thanks Neil

2 hours ago, Neilriser said:

has any one had this issue or installed a thinner different profile? Many thanks Neil

I assume you mean the door aperture seal.  If so I fitted one to my Vitesse just over 12 months ago without any problem.  You don't say where you purchased your seal but mine was from Canley Classics, part no: T4.

Edited by Pete Arnold
typo

they should NOT be a "bubble (or hose) profile, but a simple wing/flap/fin profile. 

It seems most supply the bubble "furflex" as it is pretty universal, but as you have found out, not for herald/vitesse. Rarebits (no longer trading) used to sell them, but try COH Baines?

I remember Bill Davies saying you can slit the bubble profile, but I don't knowwhere it should be cut, though could make a guess.

• admin changed the title to Herald door P shape rubbers