1360 dizzy and battery question

spit1500

right ive got an idiot question
after being of the road for 2 years im getting the family herald on the road this summer......but i need to get a battery for it......its a j plate 1360 what battery code is it....063 sounds familiar .....also im going to stick pertronix on it so need to know what dizzy it has....or more to the point how many types were fitted....as im going to canleys in the morning and the herald is not with me at the minute......if their is only one type fitted then brilliant if not it means a 10 mile round trip to inspect the dizzy
:'(

Standard Herald battery is 038, I "think" 063 is effectively the HD version of same. Make sure your charging system is A1 if you're going to electronic ignition, I would consider an alternator to be essential if you don't already have one.
Your disributor should be a 25D4 type, though they are sometimes swapped for the later 45D4 type. Some misguided individuals also fit the Delco distributor from the Spitfire Mk1-IV, but I have no idea why!
Cheers,
Bill.

[quote by=heraldcoupe link=Blah.pl?b=hervit,m=1172263443,s=1 date=1172264482]Standard Herald battery is 038, I "think" 063 is effectively the HD version of same. Make sure your charging system is A1 if you're going to electronic ignition, I would consider an alternator to be essential if you don't already have one.
Your disributor should be a 25D4 type, though they are sometimes swapped for the later 45D4 type. Some misguided individuals also fit the Delco distributor from the Spitfire Mk1-IV, but I have no idea why!
Cheers,
Bill.[/quote]

cheers that helps a lot :)

Archived