Dipstick!

Adrianb

Hi all! Has anyone suffered high oil pressure on any car they have had resulting in the Dipstick being blown out and subsequently oil covering there engine bay! This is the excuse I’m being fed at the moment as this has just occurred on my daughter’s transit, I recon though it was a dipstick handler who was too limp wristed to push it firmly in! And now I’m being fed some runny stuff that comes from the rear end of male cattle! Problem is it’s soaked the alternator in oil so that’s another story!

used to happen on old engines had a peugeot gti . silicone held it in place until sold in auction . best way to find out give the engine quick clean with brake cleaner give it a run have a look. think you are probably correct not pushed in properly paul

1 hour ago, foshi said:

used to happen on old engines had a peugeot gti . silicone held it in place until sold in auction . best way to find out give the engine quick clean with brake cleaner give it a run have a look. think you are probably correct not pushed in properly paul

unless the transit engine is very worn , excessive crank case pressure 

No the engine is only 3 years old and only done 20 k! I should now add that it went for a MOT with the main dealership who said before I mentioned anything that they would check the oil level prior to doing there MOT check!Hence my thoughts on Bovine movements!