Parade insurance

Polly Booker

Hi Club Hive Mind.

We are insured through Hagerty, who are great, but they won't cover us for track parades. RH do but they are prohibitively expensive compared to Hagerty.

Have any of you found an insurer that will cover one day track parades for the 100th anniversary at Silverstone? Possibly as a stand alone, one day insurance?

If that whats bothering you DO NOT GO OUT ! Failing that DO NOT HIT ANYTHING ! You know the risks its your decision alone. Do really you think those who run expensive to priceless cars on track at race speeds are not aware ?

Edited by Gt6s

Bit harsh Gt6s, no need for that. It's a reasonable question. 

@Polly Booker I presume the insurers don't distinguish between a parade lap and an actual track day. Adrian Flux will do insurance for track, but it's very expensive with a high excess, making the whole thing quite close to pointless. 

Weigh it up yourself, the risk on a parade lap is pretty low. I've done trackdays and have risked it without insurance. 

Edited by PeteStupps

Adrian flux (and others) offer track day insurance. A bit expensive for 10 mins, but I am doubtful "parade lap" insurance exists. The vast majority will not be insured, although some policies can include a few trackdays a year.

I have driven Silverstone twice on Trackdays, the circuit is very wide, and 40mph will seem like you are barely moving, so I wouldn't be too concerned. There will be plenty of space for everybody.

8 minutes ago, Clive said:

Adrian flux (and others) offer track day insurance. A bit expensive for 10 mins, but I am doubtful "parade lap" insurance exists. The vast majority will not be insured, although some policies can include a few trackdays a year.

I have driven Silverstone twice on Trackdays, the circuit is very wide, and 40mph will seem like you are barely moving, so I wouldn't be too concerned. There will be plenty of space for everybody.

....and I have driven Silverstone in an Aero 8 ....at what I thought was speed....and you`re right you feel as though you are crawling 

However doing Le mans 3 laps x 4 years...............there is always some idiot who thinks he is a F1 pro! 

Edited by Velocita Rosso
  • Like 1