Gt6 mk3 wanted

Mack

Hello all, 

As the title says I'm after a Gt6 mk3, not my first classic but my first Triumph! 

Not looking for a project as I would like it to be driveable but something that would require some over winter improvements would be fine. 

Anything out there? 

Cheers

Matt

On 10/06/2023 at 09:47, Mack said:

Hello all, 

As the title says I'm after a Gt6 mk3, not my first classic but my first Triumph! 

Not looking for a project as I would like it to be driveable but something that would require some over winter improvements would be fine. 

Anything out there? 

Cheers

Matt

In that category, you would be surprised how much you would have to pay for a decent GT6...depends on what your pocket can afford

13 hours ago, Mack said:

I was hoping to find a decent one for around 12k but have set a max budget of 15k. From watching sites like car and classic, live auctions and ebay there seems to be quite a range of prices.

Thats about or nearly right. However the MK3 is the rarest as they were the least made

1 hour ago, Velocita Rosso said:

Thats about or nearly right. However the MK3 is the rarest as they were the least made

Errrr the rarest ones these days are the Mark 1's. With the Mark 3's being the last built, a good number of them survive.

Hi Matt, 

Whereabouts in the country are you? (I'm in Suffolk). I have a Mimosa Yellow Mk3 that I would sell and it's definitely in the lower end of your budget. 

I bought it 6 years ago, and finally got an MoT on it last year (which has just expired), but as I have other Triumphs, it really doesn't get used much. The last entry on my blog shows when I bought it, (Russell's Collection of Old Triumphs (rjbtriumphs.blogspot.com) and I've attached a recent picture.

Let me know if you need any more details.

Russell

gt6.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Russel, I wouldn't have thought that mimosa would have been a colour I would have gone for but that looks lovely! I'm East Sussex/Kent border. 

If you could give me some more details that would be great. 

If its easier dr.  dvice at Gmail. Com without the spaces. 

Cheers, 

Matt 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/06/2023 at 09:47, Mack said:

Hello all, 

Anything out there? 

Cheers

Matt

Not sure where you are in the country? One of our local TSSC members who is based somewhere near Reading has a late one for sale.  I think it was recently valued by the TSSC at around £17.5K so it's in nice condition but not a show car.   If Reading is not too far for you then PM me your email address and I'll pass your details on.