Herald Estate roof, or pillar repair panels

des78901

I'm having my Vitesse Park Royal Estate restored. The restorer is seeking replacement roof pillars (or a good whole roof). Does anyone have either a roof or pillars available?

I asked this questoin on a Facebook forum and was told that Charles Henderson was fabricating new pillars. Does anyone know how I can contact Charles to ask whether this is the case?

Thanks

Des Sowerby

DEs,

When I made the Silverback race estate, I took a mould from the roof, to add lightness.     I didn't keep the metal roof, it was badly corroded in places, including a rear pillar IIRC, but I still have the mould.     I could take a cast of the pillar area from that, if it would be useful to your restorer to fabricate a replacement.

John

TSSC Donington 2004 2.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 21/09/2023 at 17:57, standardthread said:

We still have a Herald Estate roof going, gratis if you are interested. The pillars need repair but the patterns are there. It is also fitted with a glass sun roof.

It has to go soon or I will scrap it.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'm currently rescuing an estate and looking for anything that'll save the typical rusty roof! Do you still have this one standardthread? Seems a huge shame to scrap it!

On 20/09/2023 at 13:53, JohnD said:

DEs,

When I made the Silverback race estate, I took a mould from the roof, to add lightness.     I didn't keep the metal roof, it was badly corroded in places, including a rear pillar IIRC, but I still have the mould.     I could take a cast of the pillar area from that, if it would be useful to your restorer to fabricate a replacement.

John

TSSC Donington 2004 2.jpg

Alternatively John a cast of the C-Pillar area might be very useful to my project if this would be possible?

Also, as an aside does anyone have any pictures of the C-Pillar to wing seals, they seem to be unobtainium! Or any pics of this area for that matter?

Okay that’s interesting, I suppose they are just a simple rubber gasket essentially? Something that could be replicated with some rubber sheet and a hole punch?

Does anyone know where might be worth trying for these reproduction seals?

Another seal I’m having trouble finding is the Tailgate Glass seal, I wonder if any other seals are the same fitment/just cut to length?

Andy

On 12/01/2024 at 21:14, Hunter said:

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I'm currently rescuing an estate and looking for anything that'll save the typical rusty roof! Do you still have this one standardthread? Seems a huge shame to scrap it!

Alternatively John a cast of the C-Pillar area might be very useful to my project if this would be possible?

Also, as an aside does anyone have any pictures of the C-Pillar to wing seals, they seem to be unobtainium! Or any pics of this area for that matter?

Sorry for a delay in a reply.

Yes, still available, just. Looking for a scrapman to take this and loads of spares

On 12/01/2024 at 21:14, Hunter said:

Hunter and I have corresponded by PM, and although we live as far apart as possible in England, we may be able to do something.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Hunter and I have corresponded by PM, and although we live as far apart as possible in England, we may be able to do something.

Yes John you've been an amazing help; I can't thank you enough for all the information and support thus far!

3 hours ago, standardthread said:

Sorry for a delay in a reply.

Yes, still available, just. Looking for a scrapman to take this and loads of spares

However, I would love to 'dispose' of the roof for you! I think it would be an excellent item to help resurrect my Estate; I'm sure I can make good use of it. Would you be able to contact me directly please and we could go from there? 

I think I'll weigh up my options before I truly decide to go down the GRP or steel roof, both have their pros and cons at this stage.

Regarding the roof seals I might have a few ideas as to how I could replicate them, and produce something that looks better than the 'Universal' fitment ones discussed...

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I saw a message on my mobile from someone, about my mold for the  estate roof.   They wanted to discuss borrowing it.

I can't find the message!    Please, whoever it was, contact me again?    PM me here, or use Messenger?

John