Ten CR meet the Continental` s

We have been working on a few things to advertise Club Triumph on the Ten CR
Contacting various continental Triumph Clubs , there has been some interest from; Il Registro Spitfire of Italy, The Spitfire Club of Germany, The TR Club of Switzerland ,The Spitfire Club of Switzerland and Belgian and Dutch Triumph Clubs.
They have shown interest in either meeting CT or watching the event go through their relative area`s
Still waiting for other clubs eg Amicale Spitfire to respond
So hopefully you may get the chance to see some of our continental counterparts along the route

So I sent the details about the 10 CR run to the Swiss and back came a funny, out of office reply ...in Swiss(German) " I am out of the office until 4th August please resend then"......Then there was an English `translation` repeating the message ................but the date said "24th May"......I zinc zey are trying to confuze us!  

• 1 month later...

Having various replies from the Continental clubs, I did not know whether to laugh cry or wince when I received one particular reply

This is just an extract of one reply

It sounds interesting, but looks a bit to fast for me. I wish all of you a successful accident free trip and healthy finish at the Ferry back to England. I assume you were driving every Kilometer of your Roadbook yourself, have seen all the Construction Sites throughout the Alps and are Aware of the heavy Traffic on a Friday, as well as the new Speeding Laws with Car Confiscation in Continental Europe, introduced after a Group of English and Italian Sports Car Drivers were caught in a three Day Trans European Rally.  

I think some one may be visualising The Cannonball Run :-/

Archived