Herald 948 Seat Belts

Jono0303

Does the car currently have any belt fittings, or is it original?

You will find several differing opinions, but for what it's worth, I've always foundinertia belts in Heralds to be incredibly uncomfortable. The B-post mounting is lower than the occupant's shoulder, so the constant tension from an inertia belt pulls downwards. As inertia belts require different mounting holes to those provided for age-appropriate static belts, it would be worth trying a Herald which already has inertias to see if it suits you, or if like me you'd find them unbearable.
The correct static belts can be supplied by Quick Fit Seatbelt Services in Stanmore
http://www.quickfitsbs.com/seat_belts.php

Whatever you decide, if you currently have undamaged original side trims, it may be worth swapping them out for a pair which have originally been cut to receive belt mountings. Depending ion your trim colour, I may have a spare set to offer.

There is no original provision for rear seatbelts, but installation is fairly straightforward using the spreader plates provided in the fitting kits. The inboard mounting is the only difficulty, the presence of the spring access cover means the mounting needs to be sited lower down than the natural point between the seat base and backrest.

Cheers,
Bill.

• 4 weeks later...