swoakes

I fitted them to existing mountings on my 1972 Toledo so I the mountings should certainly be present on a 1975 model!  Can't remember exactly where these were but remove the rear seat bottom and check under the rear "parcel shelf" (view from within the boot) and under the rear carpet below the door opening.  I used spare Herald front seat belts originally but later got some rear belts off a scrapped Dolomite 1500 which fitted fine and I think the fixing bolts, spacers and washers were a straight swap.  

Simon

I have done this on two Toledo's and about to do it on a third. You need the Securon kit, its available from Rimmers and other usual suspects (Moss, etc).

The captive nuts are under the extreme ends of the rear parcel shelf for the upper mounting (Where the reel sits). Climb in the boot, and punch up through the parcel shelf with a awl or similar sharp item, and then open the hole up until the bolt supplied with kit screws in retaining teh inertia reel unit. There is a special spacer in the Securon kit which is 'Z' shaped in profile. This spacer is essential to mount the reel correctly otherwise they foul the rear seat back.

The rear seat cushion (the under your bum bit) simply lifts out - it needs a good tug, but is not retained by any screws etc. Once removed you will see a row of black plastic bungs just below the bottom of the rear seat backrest. These simply unscrew and the screws in the kit screw in to retain the belt clips and the bottom webbing bolts. The entire job takes less than two hours even if you have never done it before.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived