stag157.7

[face=Verdana][/face]
hi
used the time between Xmas and new year to replace my prop shaft
picked my daughter up from strood in Kent on boxing day and could not drive above 25mph as the vibration was so bad
so, took the whole rear end to bits,fitted new uj's to prop shaft(they were shot to pieces) replaced diff with reconditioned one as old one was whining
fitted tony harts lowering springs front and back with new camber brackets
replaced top mounts and bearings,fitted new exhaust brackets
car also has rislan driveshafts to rear and monarch trailing arm kit
RESULT
car handles better,no more whining from diff,no more vibration,wheels fit the arches better,ride firm but comfortable

alan

PARACHUTE TO STOP WITH NEXT STEVE!! :) :)
SET OF 15"  BRAND NEW GENUINE MINILITES  GOING ON THIS WEEK  WITH  195/65/*15  TYRES
SLIGHTLY LESS OFFSET 19MM  SO WILL GIVE WIDER  TRACK AND MORE TYRE ON ROAD,WITHOUT UPSETTING SPEEDO READING TOO MUCH   LESS THAN 3%

ALAN

stagdad wrote:
Sounds good Alan ,hopfully mine will feel a lot better up the front end as well, as i've found lots of worn bits and i've just fitted you spoiler which should hold it down at speed :)

Cheers Steve

Steve,
after talking with Russ the spoiler also gives better air flow, so adds cooling, what with this and your new water pump kit you will be safe to tackle an arazona road trip. :)

Ian

Hi Alan

I've been looking at useing the Tony Hart kit but retaining the standard Stag wheels but with 205/60/14

I think the combo should work ok but as I've got a manual I'm thinking I may need to swop the diff out for a 3:45 to get the gearing back to need standard

Tim

959 wrote:
Hi Alan

I've been looking at useing the Tony Hart kit but retaining the standard Stag wheels but with 205/60/14

I think the combo should work ok but as I've got a manual I'm thinking I may need to swop the diff out for a 3:45 to get the gearing back to need standard

Tim

I use the 3.45 diff and 195/70/14 and its really good.

2798 wrote:

Steve,
after talking with Russ the spoiler also gives better air flow, so adds cooling, what with this and your new water pump kit you will be safe to tackle an arazona road trip. :)

Ian

I would welcome any sort of heat to give it a good test at the moment Ian ,and also I think my V/C is knackered so when I fix that I will proberbly have trouble getting up to temp,thats why i'm going to fit an 88 stat instead of my 82.

Cheers Steve

Hi Steve,

Been running a 88 stat for a year now,  even in the hot weather at LeMans this year the temp did not rise above the half way mark,  I was thinking of changing back to an 82 for the summer but never got round to it, before I changed it would only go to the quarter mark, so I am running warmer than before if that makes sence.

Steve

stagdad wrote:

I would welcome any sort of heat to give it a good test at the moment Ian ,and also I think my V/C is knackered so when I fix that I will proberbly have trouble getting up to temp,thats why i'm going to fit an 88 stat instead of my 82.

Cheers Steve

why not do away with the VC, and just use an electric fan?, just think with that 'extra' 5hp you will be able to get past Alan's 157.7 with your new fiited Strombergs

2798 wrote:

why not do away with the VC, and just use an electric fan?, just think with that 'extra' 5hp you will be able to get past Alan's 157.7 with your new fiited Strombergs

Now there's a thought ,but obviously i want to keep my car completely original ;)

959 wrote:
Hi Alan

Tim

I once tried soft compound 205/60/ 13 on  dolly sprint alloys  (also 5 1/2 inch wide) on the rear only when I was drag racing my Toledo, and they had less grip than the 185/60/ 13 on the front. They were too wide for the rim and when cornering hard would roll onto their edges. When I eventually got hold of the proper 7inch rims, it felt like someone had greased the front tyres the difference was so startling.Personaly I would never go past 185 on a 5 1/2 inch rim
Neil

959 wrote:
Hi Neil

I'm currently running 195/70/14 on standard 5 1/2 inch rims and I know a few guys are running 205's do you think it would be a step back on the Stag then?

Tim

Timm

i'm running 205's on standard Stag alloys, i know that a few have had problems with this size but it has been fine on mine, does give the car a meatier stance but not a lot of good in the snow.

Hi Ian

I'm looking to improve the road holding and the look, I think the car stands a bit too high so was looking to bring it down a bit with the Tony Hart kit and then fill the arches with a wider tyre. That said I was hoping it would also go round corners a bit better

Tim

Archived