Bryan

Can anyone advise at what year the Stag rear diff had the collapsable seal behind the pinion oil seal and fitted as standard.
The BL book advises that after replacing the pinion seal the collapsable seal will not take the 90-120 lb/ft torque setting for the pinion nut. It doesn't advise what to set it at though. Am i missing something. Should i have replaced the collapsable seal as part of the job. If so wjat do you torqe up to? I am a bit confused. Having one of the later MKII's (1978) it is likely my Stag has the collapsable seal fitted. Any idea what i should do? Hope someone can advise. Thanks.

You are a persistent individual Johanne, and becoming an annoying one. Your only contributions recently have been to complain about my (and possibly others) discussion on the forum. Try helping people - it's a great feeling.
You should know that as a non member i have helped others in need as well as asking for help. That's the great benefit of this open forum. Just because i'm a non member doesn't make my assistance with others invalid, why should it make my questions so. Your sort of help - i don't need.
I hope you get more out of this club than just the Forum Johanne. Take a look at the web site there is a whole lot more going on.
If this forum is open to all then that's exactly what it should be. Why can't it be used in this way with fellow Stag owners sharing information across the globe. Especially for those like myself that are in an area of the country that will probably be able to give and benefit less  than others from the club's activities. If it shouldn't be used in this way by non members then close it to them. That would probably do more to encourage people to join.
The position i am in at the moment whether you are interested or not is that i joined a club earlier this year before finding out about Club Triumph. At this time i get more out of this forum than the one i joined. The intention being to join a more worthwhile, informative club at the beginning of next year having probably wasted my money on the existing. I haven't explained this so far - but didn't feel i had to until now.
I have only had my Stag for a few months and i doubt if many individuals jump at the first club they come across. I didn't but am still not happy. Up till today having been involved in this forum has been of great benefit to myself and i know i have helped others. Your sanctimonious response to my latest request has put some serious doubt in my head as to whether this is the right club or not for me. However at this time i am taking your response as being a narrow minded one-off. As a member I  certainly woudn't be encouraged by you not to help other non members. That to me is not what i hope people like us are all about.
Advice - i hope is free - parts and clubs we all have to pay for.
I wish you all the best Johanne in your part of the world.

That' correct nibby but today i'm e mailing from home. use the e mail address below as i can pick it up at work -thanks. Sometimes people put an 'i' instead of a 'y' in 'bryan' and it doesn't go. Look forward to the input. Many thanks for responding. Bryan

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived