Converting to O/D from manual

sahtuning2000

Right,can someone help me answer a few questions,fitting a O/D box on sat to my mk1(manual at moment)a few tips
1 is the prop exactly the same(think it is)
2 i have no gearbox crossmember tubes,does the A type O/D also have none(J type,autos do???)
3 will my original speedo cable go straight on(got the right angle drive on the O/D box)
4 Any tips for anything i,ve forgotten??,its got a full sports exhaust so no bend problems i think...

Answers are...1 propshaft is the same  2 A type box is a straight swop...no spacers(only fitted to J type and Autos  3 yes im sure youre cable will fit BUT maybe a touch long  4 exhaust is the same for manual or overdrive....cant see as you will have any problems...get it in !  a 2000 without overdrive is no fun GOODLUCK .

James how are your plans for your lovely 2000 coming on? Is it just very very well kept or has it been restored? I thought it looked fantastic when I saw you at the beginning of the HCR. You plans are for a manual plus overdrive conversion and some suspension and performance mods aren't they?

Do tell! You can tell I am not busy at work can't you?

neil

Manual conversion, suspension and lighting - that's the main list.

I've actually started a new blog that currently sits here:

http://www.mintylamb.co.uk/wordpress/

Hopefully by the end of the weekend that will be the new website too.

All done,started at 1.30pm,finished at 5pm,gearbox swopped and all seems well,new clutch(already looked quite new)and everything fitted as should be,just waiting for the speedo cable to arrive,and sort out the wiring,and of course for it to now stop raining,dry when we started,but pouring down now,but its in company with a load of Renaults waiting for more serious expensive items to arrive!,at least its nice and dry...

Archived