Stag adjustable steering wheel

Crash Bandicoot

Hi All,

Regret more silly questions from a newbe.

I understand the the steering wheel / column on my Stag is fully adjustable, I can move mine up and down for height after releasing the lock bolt but steering wheel will not move in and out from dash.

Assume the splines maybe seized but can not see any information / drawing they have a spline on the Stag steering column.

Has anyone else had this issue and how did you solve it, any thoughts appreciated.

I don't want to force anything and cause damage.

Thanks in advance.

If I recall correctly, the steering shaft has a profiled protrusion below the round steering housing.  This stops it from rotating.
When I rebuilt mine I painted it all and probably a tad too thick as mine also no longer slides in or out.  Being at the right position I left it be.

Julian

I shifted mine by bashing the wheel with my fists close to the wheel centre, that managed to shock it free.

I had the opposite problem on my last Stag, and there was free play in the splines. IIRC (it was a few years ago), the splines are split along their length and have an external thread with some kind of nut that can be used to adjust the tightness of the splines.
Mine just needed tightening to get rid of the free play, so I suppose if bashing it doesn't work slackening the nut should do the job, but it probably just needs some lubrication.

Neil