Traceing a TR3 chassis number

tengah spitfire

Wonder if anyone can help
This request was posted on a classic car forum.
Anyone with any pointers please

Roger

Quote:

Hello,
My friend and I came across a Triumph TR3 restoration project.We have a chassis number from the car but little else.
We would like to know if there is a list of chassis numbers on the web,to help identify this vehicle.
It has a standard rear axle to the rear,so I assume it is not a TR3a.
Any help appreciated.

The Gaydon Heritage centre do not have the records.

Anything sidescreen they should get in touch with Bill Piggott via theTR Register. He has the build records of all TR2, 3 and 3a series. For a small fee he will issue a certificate and you get to know teh original coulours, the optional extras and where it was originally delivered to.

Cheers
AndyF

• 1 month later...

AndyF wrote:
The Gaydon Heritage centre do not have the records.

Anything sidescreen they should get in touch with Bill Piggott via theTR Register. He has the build records of all TR2, 3 and 3a series. For a small fee he will issue a certificate and you get to know teh original coulours, the optional extras and where it was originally delivered to.

Cheers
AndyF

How do I get I touch with Bill Piggott, I'm maybe interested in a TR4.

as stated you can get in contact with Bill Piggott via the TR register (UK), but the TR4 is not classed as a sidescreen car (sorry for being pedantic) and he does not have those records. For TR4 and above you have to contact Gaydon.

Some purists don’t even class the TR4 or its successors as proper TRs  :)  :)  :)

AndyF

Archived