Vitesse MkI Partial Restoration

IggyWesty

Hello All,

I am now the proud owner of a MKI Vitesse to go along with my MKIII GT6. The car has been partially restored but I need to finish everything off I was wondering if anyone could assist by pointing me in the direction of a website or book or any other guide that I could use to help me on my way? The car is running and there is very little rust on the body but none of the electrics are working (lights, heater, etc) so I could do with something that shows how to connect electrical circuits wiring seems to be there but dont want to connect up the stalks  using trial and error in case I blow something. need to refoam seats, install carpets etc.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated as as you can probably tell up until now I have enjoyed driving Triumphs but not fixing them.

Thanks in advance

I would invest in a workshop manual as a good first step.

With regard to the electrical system, I found that after 6 years of inactivity many of the connectors on my Vitesse were dud. Might be an idea to check these out (perhaps get a meter on the cables to check all is OK).

Roger

Thanks for the advice-that definitely sounds right. I've had my GT6 stood for six years and now there seems to be a problem with the starter solenoid-I'm hoping the point you make about connections is whats to blame here. I have the Haynes manual et al. for the vitesse and have been studying it. Also Ive noticed that although the engine seems to run fine the car has very little pull I havent been able to take it out for a run as the car isnt legal but I have noticed the lack of power when I drove it off the trailer and into the shop. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Archived