Rotoflex Couplings on a 1500 FWD

Dave2000

Simple question: how is this done, and how easy a job is this for someone who has enthusiasm but often two left hands when it comes to actually doing anything?

Jemma's car's failed it's MOT on both of these, amongst other things, but this is the job that I'm least looking forward to.....  ??)

Well, it's all done!   :)

In the event, was not exactly a difficult job but time-consuming and you do have to unbolt a lot of other suspension bits to get them out. But as some of those other bits needed replacing as well it wasn't too much of a hardship.
Definitely a two person job, though, even if it's an assistant just for putting the brakes on and off as you rotate things round.
So, a very big thank you to djw113uk, fellow forum member and Triumph obsessive, who got bullied into giving up his Saturday because he once did this job himself in the dim and distant past  ??)

So, an MOT re-test now beckons....  :o

Hello Dave, if I'd read this earlier I would have given you a few tips but it seems you did OK anyway. As you say a bit time consuming but not as bad as some people think. You can do it on your own, I use a large spanner or screwdriver wedged through the driveshaft then spin it round until it jams on the subframe but having someone sit in the car would be easier. I don't usually have that option. A 3/4" ratchet spanner will cut the time of the job in half.

Archived