clayps

Hi all, glad to be part of your world,
am rebuilding a Bond equipe modified with suspension, brakes and engine, i have seena spitfire running mgf alloys, and would like to fit them to my car, but am not sure of the tyre size to fit onto 15 x 6j wheels.
anyone help?
cheers , Clayps.

thanks,
but will i be able to fit 175 tyres on mgf alloys, personally i wouldn't have thought so, so i'll probably get my 13 inch wolfraces out, clean them and do 175/70s on them.
what about the boy racers favourite? 185/60s on 14 inch minilites?
Clayps.
ps. i have got the body off and can be making adjustments to the arches if necessary.

so i'll dust off e wolfraces then,
many thanks one and all.
next question,
got braided goodrich hoses for my vitess type 16 calipers, found out today that the vitesse and gt6 both had a tube of metal between caliper and hose, being a herald and spitfire man, i didn't know this, what is the point and was it really necessary, as hose will screw straight into caliper a la herald?
cheers Calvin.

The rigid pipes allow the flexible hoses to run through a different geometry than they would if connected directly to the caliper. If connected directly to the caliper, there is a likelihood of the hose making contact with parts of the suspension or wheel on full lock, which is an MOT failure point for starters. This isn't an issue with the smaller type 12 and 14 calipers,
Cheers,
Bill.

Archived