Got some new wheels for the Vitesse today.  100+ cross spokes 13 x 6 ET13.  Not actually brand new, but never been on a car.  Unfortunately not quite mint due to oxidation marks under the laquer but should clean up without too much effort.

They came with unused 185/70 13s which are too big for the car (on the front at least) so will have to swap existing 175/70 tyres onto them.

Look ok, I think.  After 20 odd years on Cosmics it looks weird on anything else to my eyes!

Nick

Can't see the detail in the photo Nick. General appearance looks OK though. 6 inch ? Do the tyres rub the rear arches ?

Have you really had the car that long ?

Whats that cap on the bonnet under the tax disc for ? Or is it just resting there ?

I first put this car on the road in 1989 so I exaggerate a little, but have owned at least some it for a couple of years longer!

The tyres actually cleared the rear arches even with 185/70s (surprisingly) but were damn close.  Way to big on the front.  Now have 175/70s again which are comfortable on the rear and look scary close on the front but actually seem to miss (more testing needed....).  Arches are not modified in any way at this time.

The thing on the bonnet is the centre from one of my Cosmics.  It is actually the lid from an aerosol paint can that has been specially retrained for the job - fits perfectly!

Need to find something similar for the new wheels as the 100+ ones look more like the free wheeling hubs on an SUV.

Nick

Looks good to me Nick, very similar to my Allycats. I know what you mean about big centre caps though, some I have seen are truly colossal !

What suspension do you have at the rear ? My swing spring with the short shafts and fitted with 175/70s rub the arches...............but maybe the wheel offset/backspace is different.

What colour is the car ? Cant quite make out if its blue or green.

Shame the local pikeys have dumped an old VW outside your garage !

They are like the alleycats  - always liked those.

It is essentially a rotoflex rear end apart from the CV joints so rear track is identical to rotoflex cars.  Quite good clearance on the 175/70s although the Semperits fitted are narrower across the shoulder than some.

It is light grey - sort of primer coloured but (slightly) shinier...... I quite like it.

Not sure the missus would like the remark about her GTI....... so I won't tell her.  By Jones standards its's a young 'un - only 10 years and 120K.  We think next doors Z3 lowers the tone!

Nick

Tell her...............and tell her I said so !

Gotta feel sorry for your neighbour, but I guess someones got to have one.

I like the grey too................Suits the car well.

I have had my Sunbeam Rapier since 1979..............nearly 30 years  :o Yikes.
I want to ressurect it before I die !

Archived