Standard alloy wheel nuts

john-saab

I have a set of standard alloy wheels and the guy i bought them off supplied a set of nuts with the wheels.

The nuts look wrong to me, they have a tapered end and this dosent sit right with the wheel. I have a few nuts that were already on the car and they sit on the wheels correctly...but i only have 8 of them  ::).
A quick look at Rimmers and the nuts shown on their site (poor drawing) look tapered...which ones are correct? I will get photos later...and if they are the flat ended nuts...does anyone have 8 i could buy ?

John,

Do the 'correct' wheel nuts you have look anything like this:

If so, I've got plenty, and they're yours for the price of postage.

:EDIT:

I've just found a few of these as well:

As you can see, they're a bit of a state, but once again, they're yours if you want them.

(I have 15 of the top ones, and 11 of the bottom ones. Don't ask why. :-/)

Thx for enlightening this with some piccies

The top ones are for steel wheels, recognisable by the black plastic washer to retain the plastic wheel trim/covers.

The ones in the 2nd picture are for the factory alloys. The thick steel washer is rather clear ...

RedeyesUK wrote:
I've just found a few of these as well:

As you can see, they're a bit of a state, but once again, they're yours if you want them.

(I have 15 of the top ones, and 11 of the bottom ones. Don't ask why. :-/)

;D That will do the trick...

They look like the nuts on the right ( i had a bit of time in a friends blast cabinet..Dear Santa this year In want....)
Let me know the cost of postage + a drink  ;D

john_saab wrote:
Nuts arrived today...GREAT. I have shot blasted them and they have had a coat of rustcure ...next to paint them...
Thanks Redeyes!

Good stuff. I couldn't actually send them out until wednesday, my local PO was closed. Some rubbish excuse about being underwater all weekend! :D

The postal workers were also on strike again on Weds...

Quote:
do you think that the tapered ones would fit the mgf wheels i bought ? they look to be tapered  - just a thought?

I really don't know what they are for (i can try them on the MGB today...if thats any help?) ..if you want them PM me your address...welcome to the nut exchange!

Archived