ferny

What's the difference between the wheel nuts for a herald/spit and a spit 1500? I've just been given 5 1500 wheels and looking at Canleys the nuts have different part numbers. Is it that the studs are different or is it the shape of the nut? And would I be able to use herald nuts? No huge deal as I've got to buy a set to fit them instead of my alloys anyway - just need to know which set.

113087     WHEEL NUT H/V/SI/II/III/GT6I/II     £1.10     
21H6210     WHEEL NUT SIV/1500/GT6III     £2.25

so you are fitting steel wheels to replace alloys? the herald are open nuts, the stud goes out the other end. !500 ones are chromed, domed and as RB says have a little washer 1/2 way up, to hold the plastic 1500 wheeltrims on. They will work on steels.
If you go to stoneleigh you should find everything you need. S/H herald nuts fetch pennies. Or buy mini ones, same 3/8 unf thread, 60degree taper.

They're only going on for a short time. They guy is moving and used to own a Spitfire. He gave the wheels to me rather than throwing them away.

Thanks for the info. They need a paint first so I'll probably get the nuts at Stoneleigh.

Archived