GT6 engine upgrade

maverickfraggle

Hi,
I've recently aquired a mk3 triumph gt6 and I'm looking to upgrade the engine for road use and maybe hill climbing.
Can anyone recommend a good place to have the work done or to source parts from? I'm not a mechanic so will need someone to do it for me.
I've done a quick web search and I've come across Jigsaw Racing but they're quite far from me, but a possibility. does anyone know of anyone around the sheffield area?

timbancroft61 wrote:
Talk to James Shackford,a CT Member.

He's a good lad and will help.

Good luck

I agree

As regards Sheffield, take my word for it there is no one capable in this/that area(trust me ,even if some one does stand up and say" I know how to do that")

I would sooner drive down south for someone who knows what they are doing, to handle the job(crikey what is this mad Northerner saying)

Even though we know what we are doing with our cars, we are still involving JS in one of our projects

I wouldn't touch the engine — it would be the last thing on my list after making the thing handle and ensuring that it brakes properly (everything is in order and decent pads)

It's not fun to have a powerful engine with no handling or braking — where as a car that handles and brakes really well is huge fun and even more fun when the engine gets done.

It's also much cheaper than starting to play with engine upgrades — especially when they get internal.