2.5 MKII Pi rear wheel arch repair

wolfie

I've finally pursaded my father to let me have a go at re-commissioing his 1973 Mk 2 2.5 Pi saloon.
He has owned it almost from new having acquired when it was only a few months old, early in 1973. For the last 10 years or so it has sat in his garage without use.
Overall its in good condition with an excellant interior. From an initial inspection within the confines of his single garage it is clear that a small repair is needed to the boot floor and the outer section of the inner rear wheel arch on both sides of the car need to be replaced.
I would appreciate any advice on how best to repair/replace the arches. Do the rear wings need to come off the car to undertake the repair?
Searching the forum i have seen reference to a CW article on arch replacment, does anyone have a copy of this article that they could forward to me.

Hello Sean,

it is a big job to remove the rear wings and refit cleanly, I wouldn't go that route. It is awkward welding inside the wheel arch but much easier if you remove the rear suspension swinging arm. You may also need to replace some of the outer wheel arch depending what you find when you start cutting the rust out. While you are there check the upper spring platforms for rust.

Alec