Spitfire Mk 3 Seats and Runners

Bosch

I feel I need to fit more confortable seats to my Mk3, does anyone have any experience using other make and model as donor vehicle that fit?

I also have problem in getting the seat runners to work - is there a  cure?

I have Mk4 seats in my Mk3 - they're a bit more comfortable. Mk3 GT6 seats add recliners, as would Spitfire 1500 seats. The only modification needed is to drill some holes in the floor because the later seat runner frames are a couple of inches wider.

I know a lot of people fit MX5 seats. That's rather more work but many find them more comfortable.

A common cause of jammed runners, assuming they're not just rusted solid, is too much carpet. The runners get bent and seize up. The fix is to fit the half-inch thick spacers they're supposed to have under each corner.

Quoted from RobPearce-

A common cause of jammed runners, assuming they're not just rusted solid, is too much carpet. The runners get bent and seize up. The fix is to fit the half-inch thick spacers they're supposed to have under each corner.

.....and also removing from car and seat assembly...and immersing/flooding the runners with a WD 40 type product to allow free running and a spray grease worked into the slides. Dry well before reassembly

• 1 month later...