Davemate

I'm using the glass top fuel pump from my 2ltr that was working fine. Having fitted it to the 2.5 it's not working when the engine is running,it's working when I hand pump it.
Can they be fitted wrongly,could I have put the operating leaver under the cam and if I have would it still bolt up nicely onto the block

Not sure about under the cam but I think it is possible to put the operating lever to one side of the cam (I know I've come across this in the past but possibly not on a Triumph 6).  Definitely worth checking.  Any spacers etc that were on the original engine should be transferred across with the pump.

Nick

The cam seems high in the opening

The arm on the pump seems low in the rest position

If the prime arm is lifted the arm angle rises a little bit but it's still not angling upwards enought to hit the cam in my opinion

Measurment from block to cam is

And the arm is only a little longer, if angled up to the hight of the cam then I think the measurement will mean it's only just touching the cam on its end

1) Is there a long or short arm pump ?
2) Is the arm bent on my pump rendering it useless ?
3) Is it worth replacing the manual pump with an electric one anyway ?

Nick,
Doing this 2.5 conversion in my mk1 has been a real pain in the back side,everything has been a struggle. I found a major oil leak from the back of the engine today when cranking it over,I then noticed the little oil way bolt at the back of the head was missing,that's a real pain to fit when the engine is in the car, so many little things I never even thought about.