Herald/Vitesse front valance

Dave N

Hi All

I have taken delivery today of a NOS Herald valance. It had the part number of 806600 on the item. It had a Triumph invoice tag attached with string and a label that, although very faded, showed evidence of Triumph origins.

However I checked the part number an saw it was for a Vitesse, not a 13/60 Herald. It also has little brackets in the corners where the rubber strip chrome finishers go.

My question is will this fit a 13/60? I can not check my car easily without moving my Capri, which shares the garage.

Any advise gratefully accepted!  :)

Thanks

Dave

The 13/60 valance has a step along the back edge where it rises to meet the bonnet, so the gap between panels forms two parallel lines.
The radiator sits further forward on the Vitesse, so the back edge of the valance is scalloped to clear it, the shut lines on a Vitesse are less neat as a result.

Given that genuine Stanpart Vitesse panels carry something of a premium, I'd look at offering it as a swap for the correct panel, or sell it and buy a new valance of the correct type with the proceeds,

Cheers,
Bill.