Cruise lights and front panel repairs

Brian 93957

Hi does any one know the answer to these 2 questions?
Is it possible to replace the front headlamp/nose panel without desturbing the front wings? as the former is rotten on my car but the wings and surrounding panels are fine.
Also were the federal style cruise lights ever standard on uk cars as ive seen a few late dropheads like mine fitted with them but mine (x reg) isnt!

As far as I can remember you can do the front panel without damaging the wings. If my memory serves correctly, the joint between them is bolted rather than welded. You should be able to see if you look up at the joint from the underside.

Cruise lights were not standard on any UK cars - a popular addition though... As Mr Raider said, quite an easy fit (although you may need to tap off the lighting circuit for power as I doubt the UK loom has the connectors). They do look good though... even more so if your steering wheel is on the wrong side, eh Mr Raider !!!  ;D

One concern about those large Cibies you found on Sunday- will they sap much speed- still could help with the braking!

Seriously your TR is gonna look fab. when done! Did your buy a white one because you intended to go for the early BL motorsport colour scheme? Post a pic. when lights and wheels are on, please do not wear the TP garb!

Archived