MK1 pi saloon just passed it's MOT today  ;D,with couple advisories,one being rear tyres nearly down to legal limit.I have been waiting to relace the 13" tyres with set of Stag rims which I have as I want to keep original appearance,so was just wondering on peoples tyre choices for doing so cheers Lee

AlanChatterton wrote:
I'm about to do the same lee..... just managed to find a set of brand new Stag rostyle wheeltrims!!

I am going to fit 185/70/14 tyres... which should give the same rolling radius as the original 185/13

Are you sure about that Alan?
Sidewall height on 185/80/13 is 148mm, going to a 14'' rim means that the sidewall needs to be 1/2'' less (or approx. 12.75mm)
Sidewall height on 185/70/14 is 129.5mm (5.75mm lower), a much closer match is 195/70/14 at 136.5mm (just 1.25mm higher)

I thought your pi estate had 14'' wheels on it at Chrich Lee, what size tyres is that wearing?

Cheers Colin.

LEE_GODFREY wrote:
Ah.............yes Colin .....................dough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........forgot about estate  ::) cheers

It's wearing Goodyear 185x70x14

Then I guess you just need to see how much difference it makes gearing wise at certain speeds between the saloon and estate, they are both autos so you are used to low gearing at speed already ;)
All depends on whether you have a rev counter in the saloon too.

Colin.

LEE_GODFREY wrote:
Ah.............yes Colin .....................dough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........forgot about estate  ::) cheers

It's wearing Goodyear 185x70x14

Then I guess you just need to see how much difference it makes gearing wise at certain speeds between the saloon and estate, they are both autos so you are used to low gearing at speed already ;)
All depends on whether you have a rev counter in the saloon too.

Colin.

Archived