dolph

Hi only just joined this forum as i recently purchased a toledo 1500 tc.  She only cost me £250m and she's in great nick. The aim is to do her up with a few of my own personal touches and get her on the road obviously but i have a problem with the electrics.  The bottom of the 2 fuses which powers the heater, wipers, heated backk light, windscreen washer indicators etc pops every time i turn the ignition on.  I must have gone through at least 10 fuses trying to sort it but know little of the potential problem. Is this a common problem and does anyone have any tips to find out what's doing it?? Or should i just take it to an auto electrician

Thanks guys
Dave

first of all the problem is fixed.  Turned out to be the brake lamp switch!!  disconnected the two wires conneted to it under the dash on the brake pedal and bypassed the switch and all worked fine....No frazzled fuse. 

Secondly on lookin at my original post i've noticed that i mentioned paying £250m for my triumph 1500tc.  Well clearly that would have been slightly overpriced. 

Thanks again for the advice

Dave

Archived