Stag electrics

SKOOBY6

Okay right my plan of action for the Stag is this...

1) Replace the entire braking system - about £300 i reckon
2) Rebuild the top end of the engine - Scary as i have to get all the parts off email
3) And most scary of all the electrics!!

Now do i do the electrics myself or get a proffessional?

ps

It's the lights that are causing me aggro nothing else

I meant Ebay not Email -

Engine dont have problems with because to me its all common sense mixed with logic but electrics i could never get my head around.

The lights are working okay at the moment but they're tempremental (go off when they please)

Hi Skooby
The electrics are even more logical than the other work you have been doing on the car, but the worst kind of fault to have is an intermittent one. Things are always working when you get someone to look at your problem.  You did mention in another posting that you had removed some burnt wiring from behind the dashboard and there is a good chance that that's where your problem is.  Having an auto electrician to have a look shouldn't cost the earth.  Bring a wiring diagram with you. Alternatively put an appeal on this forum for some help from someone fairly local to you.
Brian

Sorry, haven't been on for a while. The electrical system in the stag is not at all complicated. I have all the diagrams in digital form if you need them, just send me a private message.

Finding the fault shouldn't be tooooo hard, is it just the headlights or does the problem affect the tail lights etc as well?

Archived