Who put that battery there?

Martins Stag

One of the most silly features of the Stag is the location of the battery and having to remove  the steering pump to get to it. Is there any reason why the steering pump was not on the other side of the engine thus leaving access to the battery?  
How have people resolved the issue? I have heard of batteries being moved to under the hood load cover or in the boot or is there a better solution?

Martin

The a/c compressor is mounted on the other side on export models. Removal of the p/steering pump only takes a few minutes if you follow the procedure in the manual. The hardest part of a battery change is getting the clamp rods back into their slots, but even so, changing the battery only takes about 15 minutes. And how often is it done? I've only changed the battery about 4 times in 28 years. Not worth the hassle of moving it IMO.

Just appreciate how much effort the Triumph Development Department went to modifying the body work to fit the engine and move the battery there  

Either put battery + lead cut out and/or and buy a battery trickle charger if you are going to leave it standing for a while. (not that you would)

I had a constant drain on my battery which was eventually traced to the all singing/all dancing pacet electric fan controller I had fitted. Fixed by moving the fan switch to the Davis Craig EWP controller.