Wiper Delay Relay

garyf

I want to have the option of single speed and intermittent wipe on my MK2 Vitesse?

I have purchased a 2 Speed Wiper Switch (155496) & also a Stag Wiper delay unit (159943) off Mick Dolphin and need to know how to wire it all up :-/?

I will be able to suss out the wiring connections for the switch with a multimeter but I don't want to damage anything inside the delay unit :(.

Can anyone scan the wiring diagram of the later Stag with Intermiitent wipe facility and e-mail it to me please?

Regards

Gary  

377 wrote:
Would it not be easier to fit a wiper motor and switch  from something like a dolomite, it doesnt have internittant but the switch does have a 'flick once for single'?

Keep up at the back.  :P

The Stag has that as standard, but then so do more lowley cars such as the MkII 2000 and MkII 2.5PI  8)

All from 1970 onwards  ;)

I got a Linwood after market delay thingy, goes frae 1 to 20 sweeps a minute, , fitted a triumph nobb on the end,to match in, been great, been on for 20 odd years now.

on this a live, and piggy back onto the double terminal on the wiper switch, ,and earth .

you can still get em, but I dont know the names, seen em though, and they no cost much

Marcus

Steve

Thanks for the wiring diagram, that should help me, however the problem I've got now is working out which wires connect where on the wiper delay unit ??)

There are four terminals on the unit marked 1-4, they are arranged in a way that the 4 pin Plug on the Stag wiring loom will only connect to the Delay unit in one position, so you cannot connect it wrong?

The trouble is I haven't got one of these 4 pin plugs, so I don't know the correct connection sequence for each of the four cables?

Can anyone with a later Stag have a look what colours correspond to each terminal number on the Delay unit special plug?

Regards

Gary

Archived