willcolumbine

Annoyingly, my car's just failed it's MOT because of a malfunctioning wash / wipe switch not letting the windscreen wipers do their stuff. I've got quite a collection of these type of switches but only 3 are correct spec for the spit 1500 (2 speed with manual pump) and none of those seem to work. My multimeter shows that there's no continuity through any of them!

They look like a sealed unit but I seem to remember someone on here had a great website or blog or something about fixing or modifying them? If anyone could point me in the right direction for that or give me any advice on fixing these I'd be very grateful. I've got 10 days to fix it before I have to pay for the MOT again!  :)

Hi Will

I had the same problem and was also getting annoyed with the manual washer pump which is next to useless so I bought on of these switches.

http://www.holden.co.uk/displayproduct.asp?sg=1&pgCode=020&sgName=Electrical&pgName=Switches&agCode=0502&agName=Toggle+Switches&pCode=020.254

it works perfectly and even autoparks if you have that model of motor. I then rigged up an electric washer pump using a sprung push button. Obviously, if yuo're concerned with originality then this wont interest you, but if not then I can tell you how to wire the switch up.

All the best. Tim

Archived