Oil Pressure Gauge Pipe Routing

Ludwig

Hi Folks,

What's the best way to route the pipe from the block to gauge on a Mk3 Spit? Thought I'd ask before I got the drill out. One complication is it's been used before [good provenance so know it's ok], and the connectors have been fitted to the pipe so I'd have to drill some huge holes in the bulkhead. One idea I had was to route it through the gearbox tunnel area?

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Alex

I'm not too savvy of Spitfire holes but it depends on what's there and how long your pipe is. In the Herald I've had it running through various holes already in the bulkhead including the large one for the main wiring loom and also the gearbox. It really doesn't matter how you do it, as long as you remember that you won't want to hassle of removing the gauge to top up your EP90 and if you're passing it through metal use a wiring grommet.

Thanks, going for it today, after a recent problem with my oil pump I sourced a new gauge and pipe kit. Wasn't happy with placement and routing [and of course the oil pressure was fine] so returned it, but after I'd sent it a mate offered me one so I thought I'd give it a go.

Will try and sneak it through an existing hole,

Cheers!

Alex