Brake/Clutch pedals

Nick Jones

Are all small chassis cars brake and clutch pedals the same?  

I know there are odd differences with return spring arrangements and switch brackets, but are the pedal shafts themselves the same and have the same ratio (ie distance from pedal to pivot vs. distance to pivot to clevis pin hole.

Question 2 is:

Does anyone have one handy and can measure these distances for me.  I am plotting and trying not to have to dismantle my car as part of the design process.....

Thanks

Nick

I don't have any accessible to measure, but the lengths should all be the same. There is however a difference between those fitted to the Mk1 Herald chassis and all others. When the wider transmission tunel was introduced, the pedals were kinked to move them away from the tunnel. This doesn't affect the length, but it makes quite a difference if you mix between  sets.....
Cheers,
Bill.

heraldcoupe wrote:
When the wider transmission tunel was introduced, the pedals were kinked to move them away from the tunnel. This doesn't affect the length, but it makes quite a difference if you mix between sets.....
Cheers,
Bill.

I should say....  I thought they were the same lengths but have (often) been wrong before, so thought I should check!  I'd best get the tape out then.

Nick

Archived