Herald Solex too much fuel from Spray Bridge

1147cc

So Ive been chasing too much fuel problem on the Herald Solex B30

Ive changed the needle valve 3 times and have also ran the car without the float/needle valve or fuel pump.
just fuel in the bowl and I still getting too much coming out of the spray bridge.  so I know its not a pump or pressure issue. starts and runs but will not idle with too much fuel coming out of the bridge.
I have it apart and cleaned a few times.

I did have it idling once but cant get it to do it again.  whats the deal?

Might be worth having a word with Alan Fielding at Carb care in Lichfield staffordshire

Email carb-care@hotmail.com 

can be found on Google if you prefer to ring. 

he is very good,   has a great reputation, rebuilt and set up my  Solex  30  on Mabel and she runs great 

Edited by Wendy Dawes

Have you checked that the needle valve in the top of the float chamber is the correct size? A few years back I fitted one too big (i got them mixed up with a Citroen Ax GT one 🙄) to my '64 Herald 1200. Have you had the carb stripped down and with an air line blown through all the holes? Have you also replaced the accelerator diaphragm? Make sure all the little washers and seals are present & correct. And that the Idle & mixture adjustments are correct. When I'm rich I'm going to stick SU's on it, I find em much easier to set up correctly.herald1200_plate_fs.thumb.jpg.3496639a6cb74510f7a796aa6f996b6c.jpg

Edited by 21162