Herald 13/60 1970 front wheel knocking

D412REN

Hi all 

hand brake on if I move the passenger or driver side wheel forward and back slightly 

I get a very small amount of knocking noise sounds like your tapping metal on metal 

checked all the most common stuff  but can’t find it any help will be much appreciated 

many thanks Darren. 

Something loose...

Could be;

Body tub

Suspension bushes

Pads moving in the calipers

Stuff like suspension should have been picked up on MOT, if it still gets taken in for one. Anything else will probably take two people - one rocking and on listening. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, D412REN said:

Hi all 

hand brake on if I move the passenger or driver side wheel forward and back slightly 

I get a very small amount of knocking noise sounds like your tapping metal on metal 

checked all the most common stuff  but can’t find it any help will be much appreciated 

many thanks Darren. 

Just double checking. Do you mean trying to rotate the wheel, or are you facing the side of the wheel, and push/pulling the top of the tyre? If the latter, it is front wheel bearings, designed to have a tiny amount of play.