Tidy 2000 MkI

Tim Hunt

13 hours ago, Boxofbits said:

ǝɯnsǝɹd ı ǝɔıןod uɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ

‘Was’ maybe….but now in UK

C79BE810-74A0-4247-8B79-DFA7BB89FEE7.jpeg

Please tell me how I can invert the image Kevin. It invariably happens when I post pics from iPhone. If I file an  image and rotate it 180degs it still posts upside down!

Tim

I think the trick is probably to save money not use Apple devices. I only have access to your images after you've posted them, but all I've ever needed to do was download the image, rotate it (in Gimp or Paint or even MS photo viewer) then re-upload it. I expect that's what Kevin did, too.

This is a known problem with iPhone / iPad cameras. The picture is taken upside down (probably the actual camera is internally mounted the wrong way up for convenience) and the "magic" that Apple apply to the JPG data to correct for that is not the official, standardised magic that the forum supports. I'm not sure whether other software (such as those listed above) handle it correctly, as I suspect the forum strips it off as unrecognised.

11 hours ago, Tim Hunt said:

Please tell me how I can invert the image Kevin. It invariably happens when I post pics from iPhone. If I file an  image and rotate it 180degs it still posts upside down!

Tim

Hi Tim

I just used my iPhone. If you hold your finger on the image (on iPhone) it comes up with a menu of options, one of them being ‘save to photos’. ( if saving from a post, but if already in your photos skip this step). Go to your album, find image and click on Edit. At the bottom you have a square box with extended tags and two anti-clockwise arrows. Select that, then at the top you have one grey square box with a rotational arrow on the right/top corner.

Each time it is selected it will rotate the image 90 degrees. Often users forget to select Done at the bottom. If you don’t it won’t save. Whilst there you could also touch what looks like a clock image at the bottom. This will open some selections. Touch the ‘ magic wand’ and it generally auto adjusts the contrast. Again select ‘Done’. It generally enhances the image. Then add it to your post. Should work okay!

Kevin

Edited by Boxofbits