Spitfire Mk3 Wheels and preferably tyres wanted

DeanC

Hi, I am making a start to a Mk3 Spitfire restoration, first stage it to get it rolling/moved onto a trailer,  it has some old non std wheels and 30-year old perished tires
The old wheels, (except spare in the boot) have been lost somewhere, but I have the hubcaps !
Does any have any of the 3.5J 13" wheels early Spit/Herald ,knocking about, hopefully with tyres that hold air - They'll help now and I can use them then later in the resto
I'm in Bomley, Kent
Thanks

Hi Dean, what are your non-standard wheels like? I've got a project Spit mk2 on standard rims and could possibly be in for a swap / part exchange if yours are interesting and not square! 

I'm soon to renew tyres on my other Spit so could swap the old ones over

Edited by PeteStupps
Info

Hi Pete, they're actually Lotus wheels from an old S2 Europa I used to have, (10xtriangular cut-outs) they have 3 pegs for the Lotus-embossed hub-caps (which I still have) - So I'll probably sell these as a complete set, hopefully to someone with an early Lotus that wants them.

I've seen a set on fleabay that look decent enough to get the car rolling around during resto

• Like 1

On 30/01/2023 at 18:00, RobPearce said:

I have one, refurbished, early Spitfire 3.5J wheel, in white. It owes me about £70 for the refurb (an accident - it had crept into a pile of 4.5J wheels I was having done).

Hi Pete, its a set that I need to the moment any old condition as long as they roll and the tyres hold air

17 hours ago, DeanC said:

Hi Pete, they're actually Lotus wheels from an old S2 Europa I used to have, (10xtriangular cut-outs) they have 3 pegs for the Lotus-embossed hub-caps (which I still have) - So I'll probably sell these as a complete set, hopefully to someone with an early Lotus that wants them.

I've seen a set on fleabay that look decent enough to get the car rolling around during resto

Thanks Dean. After posting my message I realised that my wheels are the earlier wide-slot type so wouldn't be correct for a mk3. Good luck!