Caution: Comma AQF - for bw65 automatics

yorkshire_spam

Just passing on information... whether you chose to act on it or not entirely up to you!

I've just received the reconditioned bw65 to get Binny our 1850 Auto back on the road. As I've spent a small fortune on it I wanted to be 100% sure that any warranty would be honored etc. so checked with the company what ATF they recommend.
They list:

• Smith and Alan ATF Ford Type F Transmission Fluid
  • Westway Lubricants Ford Type G ATF Transmission Fluid
  • Penrite 10TENTHS ATF33 Auto Trans Fluid Type F

I specifically asked them about the Comma AQF I've previously used and they stated that the newer supplies from Comma no longer show the required certification, it just states "Suitable for older vehicles". The "old stock" bottles have the correct "Ford spec M2C-33G / F" stated on them. They've followed this up with Comma but can't get a commitment that the AQF still meets M2C-33G / F, so they no longer recommend it to customers.

I'll be playing it over-cautious/safe and using Smith and Alan as recommended. I seriously doubt that Comma AQF is no-longer suitable (the reconditioner suspects they've simply stopped paying to have the M2C-33G / F spec certified) but I leave it up to any of you with automatic cars to make up your own minds.

Cheers, Sam

• Like 4