Tail light bulb holders?

Harveyzone

Hi all,

Does anyone know to where is best to get some reliable, and correct size, bulb holders for the rear light clusters (in a spitfire 1500)?

Of the 6 holders I have, 4 are ok, and 2 (a 'single' reverse light, and a 'twin' stop and tail), are slightly to big so do not push into the holes properly. They pop out and I have to kind of wedge them in.  Are there two different sizes available? Basically I don't want to buy the wrong size again and have the same problem.

Additionally, the larger 'twin' stop and tail bulb holder that I have has 3 spade connectors on it - an extra one for the earth, but the correct fitting one doesn't and relies on the connection to the cluster to provide the earth. The extra connector is a good addition and means that I have never have earthing issues on that side.

Cheers,

Tom.

I renewed some of the bulb holders on my TR6 with new ones and had problems with earthng, ending up having to solder earths onto them.

I think wherever one buys them from they are all the same.....sorry.

Though have a chat with Dave or Clare at Canleys, they may be able to help you.

Gents I have these on my Stag and i think that due to the issues on earthing these that they now have an seperate earthing tag that can be wired using an earth lead rather than the friction of fitting the bulb holders into the light fitting. I have recent replace all the rear lights on the Stag which are of a similar design and i used a mixture of old and new light bulb holders and made sure that all the tags were adjusted to provide a good contract to the light fitting and using a meter you can check how good the earth is. As Tim recommends talk to Canleys and i am sure they can advise? (as far as i am aware there is only one size but please check?)