WANTED: Herald 30/60

JLR

Having owned a Morris 1000 and two Ford Anglias in the long distant past, I'd like to end my motoring years driving a Herald 13/50 saloon or convertible that's road ready and road worthy, so has recently passed an MOT or would do so. Decent bodywork and no chassis rust issues are musts. Not too fussed if the interior's a little shabby. I'm thinking around £5,000. Thanks in advance for any replies.

There is a 13/60 rag top up for auction at Mathewsons (of Bangers and Cash fame), Lot 95 ending on 11th September at 15:39 so not much time left.  Starting price £4,000 plus 7.5% (plus VAT) buyer's commision.  For some reason their starting prices for this sale are mostly far more than I think they should be so it may be that nobody bids for this and most of the other lots at all.  They are a selection of lots that didn't sell in the previous auction, so it's odd they haven't dropped the syarting prices...

https://www.mathewsons.co.uk/auction/lot/lot-95---1970-triumph-herald-1360/?lot=17913&so=0&st=&sto=0&au=56&ef=&et=&ic=False&sd=0&pp=96&pn=1&g=1

Probably too late to call them today - maybe you can get to inspect it on Monday?