Greeks

According to the manuals saloons have Lockheed calipers.
My driving car has Lockheed, but my spares car has Girlock calipers with two cylinders on either side of the disc ... but it's 200 miles away so I can't look to see the difference.

Does anyone know if there is an obvious Girlock upgrade, or if foreign markets used different calipers? The spares car has towbar, twin electric fans, and an oil cooler fitted, suggesting a "tow-pack", so I wondered if it might be an upgraded brake option?

Cheers

Graham

Not sure why some Oz Triumphs have Girlock calipers ... supply issues or local content rules ?

There is not much rhyme or reason to which cars have them but they are the same spec except the pads are different and a 'Green stuff' pad is cheaply availible for the Girlock type....

Pad size is very similar but split pin holding arrangment is different... as I said the main reason that a few people use them over here is a Green stuff pad is available off the shelf (maybe as the Girlock calipers are Ozzy made  the pad fits some other Oz made shed ) and these certainly improve braking power (resistance to fade?) in hard driving.  good upgrade... my mate Humph is doing 75 secs round wanneroo now with just this brake mod... my white thing does 72's and is fully tricked... a good TR6 will do mid to high 70's

cheers  :D

Archived