Dual filament bulb holders quality issues

rotoflex

Brand new, out of the bag, they come apart when you first try to remove them from the tail light housing.
These have a white plastic section, unlike the originals.
Is there only one manufacturer for these now, or has anyone gotten better replacements from somewhere?

I'm currently trying to retrofit some newer styles to the cranky old stock ones that came on the Spit back in '65. Yours look positively modern by comparison! Those for the '72?
I'm trying to make some of the standard off-the-shelf types fit. The ones typically available on the spinner racks at local auto parts stores. Using those so future replacement will be easier.
Theoretically...

Good luck with yours. Hope the next batch lasts longer than one pull.

Paul

That's a good idea.  I hope I remember to explore that next time a replacement is needed.

The guy who sold me these new ones after getting the report tried the ones he had in his stock, & sent a good one, so OK for now.
Also, when putting things away, I noticed that the original dual filament bulb holder *did* have a white plastic section like the new replacements.
The originals were just so black with age & dirt that it was hard to tell.

At any rate, folks who get replacement dual filament holders should do a trial insertion into the tail light housing to see if they come apart on extraction.  If you wait, then try to pull it out while there's a bulb in it, the separation will leave you with a problem of how to get the whole thing out while the metal cage is keeping the bulb from coming out of the housing.