Oh God How do you organise the RBRR. I have been running around like a loony all week just preparing the car. All was going so well I even managed to weld up the dodgy drivers door stay, fit two new tyres and do a full Haynes 36000 mile service at the last minute I decided to fit the four new trim clips to the drivers door rub strip as I didnot want to lose it on the run . Last time I did this I tried to tap them home gently with a hammer but this causes the pegs (which have to be forced through the clip to secure them in the door) to spread and break so this time Applied force to the end of the peg with a pair of pliers one 'two' three perfect quick and drama free Four required a bit more force and yes the pliers slipped and I gouged the shiny paintwork.
oh well it's only money.

Darren

Dear Jason

I started the week after the last RRBR ,thats when I bought the Dolly. I have used her every day since. She came from e bay and the vendor forgot to mention she was an auto with big end rumble and had several large holes in her body . Somehow she had an MOT so first came the metal bits (Lots) and paint .then the running gear then the engine and so on. I know her quite well now! If she collapses in a heap when we get back to the Plough I will not care just so long s she gets round! I have brought my bus fare home just in case.

Nice vitesse

Darren

Archived