Hi all

My preparations for the 06 RBRR are just about complete. Molly is a 1500 HL AUTO in Forest Green. I bought her following the 2004 run . She came from E bay and was in a sorry state with a knackered engine . holes in the doors and rear wheel arches and all the usual Dolomite rot spots. A weldathon followed and some shiny paint was applied. After blowing up the block I changed the lump for another E bay purchased one (best deal I have ever had on E Bay it's a corker and only cost £100) . This was followed by the arrival of irregular shaped boxes from Rimmers and more e Bay bits, the  steering was attended to by Moordales in 05 . I have got other bits from various car shows and by this year she was looking quite tidy. I have used her every day since Oct 04 except when she was being repaired. This year she has had several long runs including London to Coventry (Stoneleigh 600 miles) and two camping trips to the Isle of Wight 4 up towing a 750KG trailer tent . (not to be recommended in a 1500 AUTO) However it was a test and the Dolly passed with flying colours. I am now quite fond of the old girl and I cant count how many smiles I have seen bestowed upon her. Kids think she is cool ! All that remains is a service and i'm ready.....
Darren

Archived