Driver's floor repair panel...

Scimher

My dear little 1200 convertible, 'Little Sis,' now has a floorpan that is beginning to get rather 'lacy' - in fact I could end up doing a 'Fred Flintstone' if something is not done soon! I can hardly complain as she has lived outside since autumn of 2008 & been 'on the road' pretty much all of that time. Given that she is very much transport I do not want to consider a full floor 'tray - unless it could be grafted in without a major stripdown.... I have a good friend who is a pro-welder who will hopefully let in some new metal for me, post lockdown, so I am wondering if there are smaller, flat repair sections available?

Go for the footwell repair panel. It's not a full floor but it's about as close as is readily available. It includes some of the upright part, which will be in need of replacing if the rust has made holes, and will be quicker to fit and more durable than a patchwork of smaller repairs.

• 1 month later...