Hi Nigel

Good to hear you're still going strong. Great pictures. You kindly let me drive your TR at Throckmorton a few years ago now. Look forward to hearing more exploits. Yeah Throckmorton with the psycho marshall... who didnt like people from the North West... you couldnt make it up. Look forward to catching up. Cheers Dazzer

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Darren,

Good to hear from you again, it's been too long. I may make the start of the RoT in November, if so I'll look out for you.

Wasn't he the guy in the caravan next to us where we were camping?

My TR has ben back in action this year, better than before, you should have another drive.  If I can get myself motivated for the chassis swap it will be better still, but I think I'm scared of taking it apart in case it never gets put together again!  The Mk1 2000 is languishing in the workshop nowadays, just out for the occasional short run to blow off the cobwebs. Still not getting into these road rallies so I keep thinking of selling it - but somehow I can't bring myself to, I just like it too much!  The truth is I have too many 'projects' and not enough energy in my old age..... 🤔

Nigel

Hi Nigel

My last reply disappeared but I think the forums sorted now. Good to hear you've been out and about and you're probably the same as me if you start taking it apart for a new chassis it'll be off the road forever. I'd keep going with what you've got, weld in some strengthening plates to keep it going if necessary. Our TR4 used to crack the dash brace regularly over rough ground but a great car to drive. Your 2000 is very nice. We also tried some of the test based days in the 2000, things like the Doonhamer a few classics and moderns with tests in various locations, great fun and minimal regularity if you were looking for something different.

I've only just got back the 2000 body (minus doors, bonnet, boot,) in colour (19 white) well actually BMW Mini Pepper white... very shiny and I've got he running gear thrown in, the short motor and gearbox and the new rally wiring loom in, which was a pig of a job to feed into position. All I have to do now is build everything else up and give it a shakedown before the ROT

Anyway keep us up to date with your exploits.

Cheers
Darren