Covid repercussions

Velocita Rosso

Talking to publishers in my advertising remit, there are to be various  repercussions relating Covid and the producing of magazines

We advertise Club Triumph in various publications, some of whom are going to be in a problematic area ,where advertisers are cutting subscriptions and therefore having a financial repercussion. If subscriptions get pulled ,then some print houses may go into the red.If buyers/reader level drops ,through not getting to the usual newsagent to collect then again this reflects in their profits and again go into the red.

On this basis we may see some magazines not being available to the classic enthusiast.....and /or other activity.....in the near future

It's not surprising I suppose....  I normally walk over to our local village-sell-everything type shop to get a newspaper every morning, but have stopped now as the shop is very small and cramped and cannot possibly accommodate proper social distancing. I actually felt quite exposed standing in a cramped queue to get served. So now I read the paper online.  Not good for the shop or the community spirit but our household's health has to come first.

Quoted from sparky_spit-

It's not surprising I suppose....  I normally walk over to our local village-sell-everything type shop to get a newspaper every morning, but have stopped now as the shop is very small and cramped and cannot possibly accommodate proper social distancing. I actually felt quite exposed standing in a cramped queue to get served. So now I read the paper online.  Not good for the shop or the community spirit but our household's health has to come first.

Can't you do what happens here in small shops like that, 2 people inside the rest waiting outside. OK when the weather is fine as at the moment

Yes - most smaller shops are doing this and people are pretty good at keeping to the rules. However, our local shop only have taped lines at 2m in front of the counter but are not using the 1 out/1 in system, so the isles get clogged with people trying to pass each other. 

Quoted from Rosbif-

Can't you do what happens here in small shops like that, 2 people inside the rest waiting outside. OK when the weather is fine as at the moment

Yes... outside the Post Office ....I can see Mike waiting outside with a balaclava on wearing dark glasses......SWAT team would pounce within minutes😀